Our promise to you is that we will be transparent and exact in our reporting every time we complete an inspection. As commercial home watch professionals, we’ve been trained to think a little differently in order to inspect and recognize the early warning signs and irregularities in a building or on a property that may lead to potential disaster such as water damage, mold, or other types of damage. We understand problem identification and problem management, as well as maintenance. We are trained in the exclusive Water Zone Home Watch Method. We offer customized checklists for each of our clients, but here’s a brief checklist for the types of things we do when we do the average weekly building or facility visit.
Grounds and Exterior Inspection
- Check mailbox and remove all newspapers, flyers, and mail.
- Check front of property for papers and items left at front door
- Visually inspect exterior of facility looking for any kind of damage or vandalism such as broken windows, or forced doors.
- Look at window screens, roof, fences or other exterior structures for damage.
- Visually inspect to ensure lawn services have been performed.
- Check for signs that any kind of insects, wild animals or other pests may have gotten entryway into the facility, or are damaging the exterior of the facility or property grounds.
- Turn on the water
Interior Facility Inspection
- Check all windows and doors for any damage and to ensure they are locked.
- Check for signs of insects, rodents or pests.
- Check all closets, storage cabinets and kitchen areas.
- Run water in sinks and flush toilet to cycle the water.
- Check refrigerator if applicable, freezer for proper operation and temperature.
- Verify air conditioner and humidistat settings.
- Visually check for signs of mold, mildew and water damage.
- Check clocks and reset them if there was a power outage.
- Check the circuit breaker panels.
- Enable security system and lock the doors when leaving.